Waiting on Stat correction

Waiting on Stat correction
The inspiration to the blog's name

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Minnesota Twins have let me down.

Something has been saddening me for the last month or two now and I think I just hit the nail on the head. The Minnesota Twins. Sure I've been a big fan. Been a big fan since day one. But that's just the point! As of today, I do not consider myself a fan of the Minnesota Twins, and honestly, it's been eating away at me now for months. The Twins were my team. I can still name all the starters from the 2002 roster. I remember game 163. I bought a custom Brian Dozier jersey. Now, whenever I see the Twins tweeting whose up in the bottom of the seventh, I don't even check, and I wish I wanted to. The roster now is unrecognizable. Doug Bernier? A.J. Achter? Future Hall of Famer Joe Mauer, the face of the franchise, is hitting under .280. Trevor May, the supposed future ace of the Twins, is posting an astronomical 8.39 ERA in eight starts. Brian Dozier, the no name 2nd baseman who goes on the represent the organization in the Home Run Derby, hits all but two home runs in the second half of the season. I heard someone describe the Twins as a train wreck, and even then, I thought to myself that that was unfair to the train wreck. At least someone wants to look at a train wreck.  I am disgraced, upset, and sick. I am not a fan of the Minnesota Twins today not because I don't get access to the games, not because I've spent the last month in college, and not because we have yet to see the 'future' in Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano. I am not a fan of the Twins because they are forcing me to look the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment