Waiting on Stat correction

Waiting on Stat correction
The inspiration to the blog's name

Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Joy of Injuries

Nothing is worse in the world of fantasy football than sitting on your coach watching one of your players helped of the field. This past week was filled with injuries.

I entered this years draft with the mindset of going for wide receivers. Screw the running backs. I drafted Trent Richardson and Steven Ridley the year before and they gave me nothing but tears and regret. I drafted wide receivers because they are more consistent and look I'm 2-0. Here is the problem had I been fortunate enough to draft AJ Green this article would be a little different. The problem with AJ is he has one of the 3 worst injuries when it comes to fantasy football.
The worst type of injuries:

  • Torn ACL/MCL
  • Concussion
  • Turf toe 
The reason turf toe sucks is he will be having issues with it all year now. It's not going to go away quickly. With AJ Green out, I would recommend picking up Mohamed Sanu. Oh and I would like to apologize to anyone who listened to Matthew Berry when he said there is a 75% chance Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall won't play. 

Now the reason I hate the running back position. 
  • Jamaal Charles 
  • Mark Ingram
  • Ryan Matthews
  • Knowshon Moreno
  • Doug Martin
I don't really want to go on a rant here but it's players like this that can or were doing well that end up hurt. Ingram finally looked like a good running back. Charles was a top 3 back. Martin has huge potential and constantly gets hurt. I hate running backs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment